Happy New Year! Get your Shakeology here and receive a FREE gift!
Ok, so I’ll share the “Official recipe” and then what I did because lord knows I can’t follow directions! I have to put my own spin on things lol
- 2 Tbsp olive oil 1 onion, chopped 1 C carrots, sliced 1 C celery, including leaves 3 garlic cloves, minced black pepper to taste 6 C chicken broth 2 C chopped tomatoes 1/2 C quinoa 2 C WHITE kidney beans 1 tsp curry powder pinch nutmeg 3 C baby spinach
Add carrots, celery, and garlic. Saute about 5 minutes.
Add broth, tomatoes, quinoa, beans, and spices. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
Add spinach and cover. Cook about 3 minutes, until leaves wilt and are soft.
Season with , optional.
Number of Servings: 8
- 2 Cups onion chopped
- 2 Cups carrots, sliced
- 1 Cup celery, including leaves
- 3 garlic cloves,
- black pepper to taste
- 8 Cups chicken broth
- 2 Cups chopped tomatoes (I used diced in the can! CHECK THE LABEL!! Look for a brand with JUST tomato!! Forget all of that crap they add!!)
- 1/2 Cup Barley trust me! dont go crazy on the barley! lol
- 1 Cup Whole Grain Rotini
- 2 Cups WHITE kidney beans
- 2 Veggie Bullion cubes
- 3 C baby spinach (I used frozen! Wayyyy easy!)
So I’ve posted about this before…but I have to update everyone because I found a Wayyyyy easier way of dealing with your lemons! Since I am not a morning person, I literally try to find every short cut in the book to make my AM routine easier lol
To get the full benefits of drinking lemon water, the lemons have to be FRESH! That means…Im using a knife in the morning…umm HELLO…danger!
Sooo instead of dealing with the lemons in the morning…on Sunday I started JUICING the lemons and freezing it into cute little stars! I can’t take credit for this idea, I picked it up from some of the ladies! But it makes life sooo much easier!
Just pop a little cube in your hot water and you’re good to go!
|Got this bad boy on SALE because it is “Christmas Themed” If you haven’t tried these silicon trays yet, they are ahhhhmaazzing!|
Sooo whyyyy drink lemon water?
Obstacles come into our path to force us to GROW… to make us APPRECIATE what we DO have… They give us perspective and empathy to relate to others and most importantly, they strengthen our FAITH that something BETTER lies ahead. Emily is just ONE story of many from my Bombshell Dynasty who looked at her life and decided that she deserved BETTER than she had been settling for! She has OFFICIALLY unveiled her INNER BOMBSHELL to the rest of the WORLD and there is NO STOPPING her now!!! There is NOTHING more INSPIRING than seeing someone realize the beauty that was inside them ALL ALONG!!! Proud of you, Em!
Are you ready to MAKE A CHANGE??
Did you transform something about your life? Weight? Attitude? Job? SHARE!! i love those stories!!
1. Warm up for eight minutes. You can do whatever you like to get your heart rate up. Do some jumping jacks, jog in place or dance to your favorite song.
2. Do one minute of jungle squats. (Lower body)
3. Do one minute of push ups. (Upper body)
4. Do one minute of reverse V lunges. (Lower body)
5. Do one minute of modified chair dips. (Upper body)
6. Do two minutes of cardio. (Whole body)
7. Do one minute of abs exercises. (Whole body)
8. Take a 30 second break.
Repeat steps 2 through 8, three times.
A couple of weeks ago, I was grocery shopping… COMPLETELY in my own world and just having kind of a miserable day. I was in the process of searching for the perfect apples- I feel like the need to inspect each one making sure they are just the right size and firmness. This girl came up to me and simply said…”I really like your hair”
Ok, umm really??? Bc I was looking ROUGH lol but her simply walking by and saying that MADE MY DAY!! and weeks later…I STILL think about it!
A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions and the roots spring up and make new trees.” – Amelia Earhart
Spread the Christmas Spirit today! Look for an opportunity to perform a simple deed- hold the door open for someone…for all of your road rage-rs let someone merge! or simply compliment someone. Spread little ripples of HAPPINESS all over the world =) Yayyyy Christmas! ♥
The only problem I see during the Holiday season is food, or to be more specific it is the QUANTITY.
The holiday season is a wonderful time. The air is filled with joy, anticipation, the twinkling of lights and the sounds of holiday music. And without noticing, we get into a Holiday mood, buying and wrapping gifts, spending more time with friends and focusing on the people that mean the most to us.
1. Have a smaller variety of food on the table.
2. Drink a glass of water 30 minutes before the meal
3. Bring healthy fare to parties and corporate events
4. Do not go to a dinner or a party hungry
5. Practice mindful eating
6. Comment on food while eating in company
7. Serve food Italian style
8. Become a long-term planner
9. Wear snug-fitting clothes
10. Follow the Three-Bite Rule when sampling dishes
11. Chat over a meal
12. Do not munch while watching TV
13. Do not nosh from a bowl
14. Drink a shot of espresso after dinner
15. Put your fork down more often
16. Add exercise whenever and wherever you can
17. Limit alcohol
18. Do not eat what you do not want/like
19. Bring mints or gum with you
20. Take a dessert home
21. Ask for cooperation
22. Take an after-dinner walk
Lovvvee me some Tony Horton! P90X changed my life! I can only IMAGINE what P90X2 is going to bring!
What did you think of P90X? Do you have a workout program that you SWEAR by? Share it below in the comments!\
|A free digital slideshow by Smilebox|
|If you were good this year, maybe Santa will leave some Shakeology under your tree! =)|
|Santa’s Helpers =)|
|Our favorite workout programs! P90X, P90X 2, Brazil Butt Lift, Insanity and Turbo Fire!|
|I LOVEEE dressing up! Can you tell? lol|
Mark your calendars!!! One of my all time role models, Chalene Johnson, is going to be on the Regis and Kelly show!!!
NEWSFLASH!!! I just heard from Chalene that she’ll be on the REGIS & KELLY show January 2!! Second half of the show!! I think her book PUSH is going to be on the New York Times Best Sellers list !! She’s worked SO hard for this.. I’m BEYOND excited for her!! -Jenelle Summers