Woah ok so I am totally on this pancake bender right now…I can’t get enough so I’ve been trying some new things out and I think you’re going to love this!
In case you haven’t seen my recent pancake posts, I’ve tried a lot of healthy varieties lately (go here and here) but I think I honed in my on fav!
On to Pancake Heaven:
|I started out with my “icing” on the side…then got an idea…
1 scoop of Banana Nut Bread protein powder (I get it here:Bodybuilding.com)
1/4 cup of egg whites
3 tbs of Almond Milk (or whatever milk you use)
1tsp of cinnamon (I tend to go a lil crazy with the cinnamon! love it!)
1tsp of nutmeg
-Mix all together in bowl or blender.
Optional mash 1/4 of a banana to mix in.
Make like regular pancakes!
|STACK EM UP!
Now to make the stacked deliciousness…You’ll want to make my “icing” Get a small container of 0% Fat Greek Yogurt and mix in either 1 Packet of Stevia or Truvia OR 3/4 Scoop of the protein powder of your choice. I like Whipped Vanilla or the Banana Nut Bread. Mix and layer in between each pancake. TO DIE FOR!!!!!
My boyfriend can eat pretty much whatever he wants and still look amazing…I however do not bounce back so quickly. He was teasing me with sweet treats…but honestly I WIN because this was healthy/heavenly…and he was totally jealous! To good to share!! haha
The only thing that would have made it better is if we had fruit to put on top!
If you want to try some other things I was thinking that layering a little peanut butter and slices of banana would taste amazing. Nutella has a lot of sugar but if you are working hard, it might be a delicious reward one morning.
OR!! Instead of stacking baby pancakes like I did….you can make ONE big one…Mix 1 Tbsp Nut Butter (almond, PB, your choice) plus 2 Tbsp greek yogurt and a packet of Stevia. Throw in a dash of dark chocolate chips…put filling in your pancake and roll it up like a burrito. Ummm yea that sounds mouth watering.
|LOL! too hilarious not to share. I’ve def felt like this before!!!
|You’re beautiful =)
|Date at the park with my babies
|Morning Cardio through our beautiful neighborhood
What You Need (Serves 2-3 people- or Dinner & lunch the next day!)
- 1 eggplant
- 1 zucchini
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper, oregano to taste
- 175g – 200g whole wheat rotini
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 20g – 30g goat cheese, crumbled
- Cook pasta. Drain and return to pot.
- Fire up your Grill or George Foreman
- Slice zucchini in thick slices, about 1″.
- Cut bell pepper in half, seed it and smash it to make it as flat as possible.
- Brush vegetables on both sides with a little bit of olive oil then sprinkle generously with salt, black pepper, oregano
- Grill vegetables on grill (medium-high heat) about 4-5 minutes per side
- Cut grilled vegetables in bite size pieces and add to cooked pasta.
- Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to serving plate and sprinkle with basil and goat cheese.
Dips just make food more fun don’t you think? Apples, pears, bananas, etc. are delicious treats in themselves but put a bowl of dip next to a plate of sliced apples or other fruit and watch them dissapear faster than Criss Angel. While most fruit dips are made with cream cheese and marshmallow whip and overly sweet, this dip is made with almond butter, cinnamon and honey kissed ricotta. Good and good for you.
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (recipe here)
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp low fat milk
- Fruit of your choice, cut into bite size pieces
- Place all of the ingredients except the fruit in a food processor and process until smooth. If the dip is a little too thick add another teaspoon of milk.
- Serve with fruit and dip in!
Makes about 1 cup.
Nutritional information not available.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.